6th World Ecotourism Conference Technical Tours
30 January, 2016
Deer Cave, Lang Cave, Clearwater Cave and Wind Cave
- Map of Mulu National Park
- Technical Tour 1 (Half day): Clearwater Cave and Wind Cave (Point R as per map above). Level of difficulty 2/5.
- Starting at 9:00am, delegates staying at Mulu Marriot Resort and Spa will travel by coach/van to the Mulu Park HQ which takes about 5 minutes. Joining the group staying at the Mulu Park, delegates will take a leisure boat ride to Wind Cave. The Park Guide will provide an interpretation tour of the cave system.
Then the group will proceed by boat again to Clearwater Cave which is just a short distance away. To reach the mouth of the Clearwater Cave, you will need to climb a flight of stairs with about 200 steps.
After the cave tour, the group will adjourn to lunch, open camp style. After lunch, the group is transferred back to the Park HQ by boat.
- Technical Tour 2 (Half day): Deer Cave and Lang Cave (Point K as per map above). Level of difficulty 3/5.
- Starting at 2pm from the Park HQ, the group will travel by foot to Lang Cave (between 45 to 60 min walk). Next to the Lang Cave is the Deer Cave where the Park Guide will provide a comprehensive interpretation tour of the cave system. At about 4.30pm, the group will assemble at the 'gallery area' to watch the Bat Exodus Spectacle.
Thereafter the group will walk back to the Park HQ and delegates staying at the Mulu Marriot Resort and Spa will be transferred back to the Resort. Kindly take note that in the event of rain, the bat exodus is unlikely to occur.
- What to wear/bring along for the tour
- Proper walking/sports shoes or sandals is a must. An extra pair of shoes would be useful in the event that you need to walk in the rain.
Raincoat or an umbrella, Camera, Cap/Hat, Medication if needed
Optional items are insect repellent, dry bag (to keep your belongings dry in case of rain)