Palms Resort, Panglao, Bohol - 3 days, 2 nights stay
with breakfast for 2 persons
Cebu Parklane International Hotel, Cebu - 3 days, 2 nights stay with breakfast for 2 persons
DISCOVERYMICE invites registered WEC delegates to enter its 5th World Ecotourism Conference Photo Contest. Delegates can submit up to 5 photos, one form per photo.
Deadline to submit is 11 March 2014. Results will be announced on 13 March 2014. Prizes will be sent from the respective sponsors to the winners (make sure your email is valid).
Eligibility & Judging
The 5th World Ecotourism Conference Photo Contest (the "Contest") is open to ALL registered WEC delegates/speakers except employees of DISCOVERYMICE and Prize Sponsor Organisations as well as the immediate families of such employees. Submissions from non-delegates will not be judged.
We are looking for striking digital images to celebrate the essence and success of the 5th World Ecotourism Conference held in Cebu, Philippines.
Images will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact and artistic merit. The judges are a panel of DISCOVERYMICE staff members familiar with photography and responsible for selecting images for various printed and online marketing materials.
DISCOVERYMICE shall determine winner eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the judges are final.
If you are eligible, you must read the following rules, terms and conditions before submitting any photos!
All photos must be submitted latest by 11 March 2014, 12 midnight (GMT+8).
Terms and Conditions
1. All photos submitted will be screened before publication. All titles and captions maybe edited for clarity and brevity. Deadline for submission is 11 March 2014.
2. Each delegate may submit up to five (5) photos for judging. Each photo must be submitted individually and each photo submitted will be assigned a photo number. If a delegate submits more than 5 photos, the 6th photo onwards will not be judged.
3. Each photo should be about 1MB in size, must be clear and sharp. Format: JPEG Photos may be cropped, edited, enhanced to ensure compliance.
4. Photos that do not meet submission criteria may be rejected.
5. You agree that all photos submitted belong to you and do not infringe any third-party copyrights.
6. DISCOVERYMICE retain the rights to use your photos (whether published or not) on any of its digital and non-digital properties, including but not limited to Phlippine Department of Tourism's and UNWTO's websites, publications and reports pertaining to the World Ecotourism Conference.
7. All photos will be credited to the owner accordingly and must not be water-marked.
8. If you choose to include people in your submission, please ensure that the people are speakers, delegates, performers etc related to WEC events/activities otherwise you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to DISCOVERYMICE upon request.
9. Photos that have been digitally altered BEYOND standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
10. The results will be announced on 13 March 2014 by email and on WEC official website. Identity documents are required to be presented to claim any prize. Prizes will be sent directly from the sponsors to the winners.
11. DISCOVERYMICE reserves the right to change Terms and Conditions without prior notice.